Membership in LMJS offers a number of benefits for runners. First and foremost are the group running experiences you can have and the people you will meet that share the same interests you do. While many fun runs and other informal activities do not require membership in the club, most of the runners who participate in them are LMJS'ers. A lot of club-oriented relationships evolve out of the informal gatherings and just add to the total running experience here in the East Bay. So we encourage you to become/remain a member of the club to take advantage of our other offerings. Some of the benefits that are available to members include the following:
- Discounts on race entry fees at the 4th Sunday Runs, Couples Relay, and Tilden Tough Ten, TIOYS and other club affiliated races.
- Offers regularly scheduled social activities including potlucks with guest speakers, picnics, Saturday Fun Runs, training clinics and team entries at various races.
- Weekly group training runs to help you get ready for an upcoming race and meet other runners.
- Bi-weekly bulletin sent to members automatically.
- Discounts on apparel items with LMJS logo.
- Our sponsors offers discounts at local stores, such as TranSports, Sports Basement, etc.
- Honors members who have completed all three distances at the 4th Sunday runs with the Total Time Competition awards and certificates.
- Invitation to recognition event for volunteers honoring members who have contributed their time and effort to club activities.
- Team participation in major Northern California races such as Tahoe Relay inJune and Christmas Relay in December at Lake Merced in San Francisco.
- Supports local running activities such as Girls on the Run, Hershey Track and Field Meet, Running for a Better Oakland, the East Bay Triple Crown Challenge, East Bay Front Runners, etc.
How to Sign Up or renew
You can join LMJS right here on the website, valid through to the end of 2013:
If you are already a member and want to renew, you can easily do that on this website:
You can also still use the paper form to renew or signup for membership: