The Oakland Running Festival is on again for 2015, and we hope you're planning to participate! We are now offering a new LOWER price for those who register before September 1, 2014 (and the same pricing for those who are in the half or full program).
For 2015, once again we're pleased to be the official East Bay training program for the ORF, with a variety of training options. So whether this will be your first race or your twentieth, if you are training for the half or the full, if you are looking to just get across the line or to achieve a PR, our experienced team of volunteers (including certified coaches) can help you achieve your goal. Training programs start November 22 and January 3, so sign up now!
Some of the outstanding features of this year's training program:
- Organized group Saturday morning training runs with seasoned pace group leaders to assist you. There will be a few Sunday runs in the program
- A training schedule for you to follow during the full training period (18 weeks marathon / 12 Weeks half marathon).
- Weekly training tips delivered via email.
- Certified coaches on staff.
- Course preview - at least two of the training runs will be on the actual marathon course, supported with water stops.
- LMJS member discounts at club and training program sponsors
- Recommended interim races for you to participate in leading up to the Oakland Marathon.
- A hospitality tent on race day.
- An Oakland Running Festival Training shirt.
Note that this is not a "couch to finish line" program. We do expect that our trainees are running when the programs start. Full marathon trainees should be running at least 20 miles/week. Half marathon trainees should be running 3-4 miles 2-3 times/week. Both programs start with runs of at least six miles for the first long run.
Marathon Training Program
This 18 week training program will start November 22, 2013 from See Jane Run. Weekly training runs will follow.
Half Marathon Training Program
This 12 week training program will start on January 3, 2014 with weekly training programs.